Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Finding Treasures!

It seems every time I go through my stuff to clean up or sort things I find things I've pre-stamped and never used! This time it was these uncolored flowers. Yes, this is an old stamp SU! set but sometimes these old sets are just what you're looking for!
---
Anyway, these images are stamped on glossy paper. I wanted to color with my Copics but I've been told that they don't work on glossy. I went ahead and tried anyway!
---
They definately don't blend but you can still use them. You just don't get the shading that these markers can give you on nice, smooth paper.

I also took a very light grey to go around the image and give it a wee bit of dimension. Yes, I know they look like they are floating in thin air but oh well!

Then just layered them with some cardstock, stamped a sentiment and used simple embellishment on each to finish them up!

---

Happy stamping!

13 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I love your coloring . . . that light grey around the image is perfect! These are very pretty!! On the first card, I really love the ribbon through the button!

kathleenh said...

Beautiful cards! The copics look good on glossy cardstock.

Rose Ann said...

All of these are very beautiful!! I love your color choices, and stamps you used!

Anonymous said...

They are all so beautiful...and your coloring looks amazing! I'm going to have to check into those copics. ;)

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful cards! I love the colours...so pretty!

Corie said...

These are just BEAUTIFUL!!

Laura Roth said...

Those are gorgeous cards. Is that the crackled glass technique on the last card on the bee and flower center? If not, how did you get those to look like that? It's super cool!!!!!

coffee-to-go-please said...

Greetings. Here is some comment love from Laura and Pam :) now you can't say i never leave you comments!!!! can't wait for tomorrow's class!!! (we'll try not to be too rowdy in the back row)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job. Wow, these are stunning.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow so many gorgeous card ,brilliant work ,Dawnx

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous cards Theresa!!! really beautiful :) x

Becky G said...

Absolutely beautiful, each one! Your coloring is fabulous and I love how you ran the ribbon through the button! Fantastic!

Debbie G said...

These are gorgeous! I have that stamp set and I must dig it out! I haven't used it in a long while. I love the colors you used too!!